The Classics Club announced a spin game and I’m in! My part is to list twenty of my classics read list choices by this weekend when they will announce a number. I’m then supposed to read that book on my list corresponding to their number and post about it before the end of October.
It’s easy to pick twenty books from my list that I haven’t read yet since I just started. I’ve only read ONE so far! But which books to choose? I started by eliminating any book I already have on my shelf. Yeah…I’m giving myself an excuse to buy a new book! Then I eliminated books I’ve read in the distant past. And then I eliminated doubles, only one play and one book of poetry.
I’m excited to read any of these books next, so here we go!
- Flatland by Edwin Abbott
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? By Edward Albee
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiel Hammett
- The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
- The Man Who Would be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
- Death in Venice by Thomas Mann
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand
- The Red and the Black by Stendhal
- The Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams